Overview of Legal Requirements
Page 1 of 2
Understand how to identify and provide formal and informal early intervention
supports and services to promote a child’s participation in family
and community life
Explain federal and state requirements for:
- Developing an IFSP with a family.
- Holding periodic and annual reviews with a family to review progress
and revise an IFSP.
- Providing supports and services identified on a family’s IFSP.
- Safeguarding parental rights related to identifying and implementing
early intervention supports and services.
- Service coordination during development and implementation of an IFSP.
“Legal requirements for developing and implementing IFSPs with
Families” has four key activities for readers: essential content,
application, recommended reading and self assessment. The following chart
gives an overview of the session’s activities with suggested time
for Legal Requirements?
- Do I understand how federal and state requirements for
developing and implementing an IFSP with a family affect
my daily early intervention practice?
Pages: 1 2
Website designed and hosted by:
The Center for Technology in Education (CTE)
Johns Hopkins University Copyright 2003